Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nikkiya - When I was High (Prod. by SupahotBeats)


Download --->Nikkiya - When I was High (Prod. by SupahotBeats)
N I K K I Y A
“I’m so motivated by my love for people and I want to touch as many people as possible with my music. In every culture, music is so healing. I know how hard it is out here, so even if you just get to escape for three minutes with me, that will make me happy.”

A letter from an ex-boyfriend in jail to go find hip-hop producer Will “WillPower” Washington aka “SupaHot Beats” would be all the motivation Nikkiya needed to hop in a car around an drive around South Carolina and in her very own words “stalk” WillPower. Her debut album, SPEAKHER would come together after a few obstacles and eventually running into WillPower with rapper Yelawolf. Nikkiya managed to talk her way into getting Will to give her a chance in the studio. After hearing Nikkiya’s voice, WillPower was sold. “The sound of her voice is captivating,” said WillPower. “The tone was like nothing I’d ever heard before. It’s just really raw.” Nikkiya describes her genre of music as JAMMIN. She originally wrote the lead single, “When I Was High” to be submitted to platinum-rapper Eminem. After listening to the song, she decided it was one that she had to keep for her debut album. “My songwriting process is supernatural and I’m really thankful for it. I can hear a song all the way through in my head – it’s like the song just drops into my lap,” said Nikkiya. Rapper Yelawolf describes her as the “Queen of her culture.” Nikkiya recalls selling CDs with Yelawolf out of their trunks 9 years ago. “We’d go to fleamarkets, Burger King, you name it and literally sell our music out of the trunk.” Featured on Yelawolf’s critically acclaimed mixtape “Trunk Muzik” (Speaker Sex) and a featured writer on his debut release on Interscope/Shady/Ghetovision, slated for release later this year, Nikkiya is proud of Yelawolf’s success and is excited about her debut release. Nikkiya has also lent her vocals to Wiz Khalifa’s debut album “Rolling Papers” (Middle Of You), Jackie Chain’s album (Other Shit) scheduled for release on Motown this year and Tech N9ne’s “All 6’s and 7’s” (Delusional and Promiseland). “I’ve been in labor for 8 years and I’m ready for my baby to come! I’ve been through the pain and the contractions and I’m ready to share my music with the world,” Nikkiya said. “I’m so motivated by my love for people and I want to touch as many people as possible with my music. In every culture, music is so healing. I know how hard it is out here, so even if you just get to escape for three minutes with me, that will make me happy.” With an old school approach to making music, Nikkiya is certain music fans will appreciate her debut album SPEAKER as she welcomes newcomers to her sound. An authentic album with rich vocals and raw content, Nikkiya is ready to share her JAMMIN music with the world.

Download --->Nikkiya - When I was High (Prod. by SupahotBeats)

No comments: